Tuesday, 20 Oct, 9:30 PM – 10 :30 PM
Conventional aircraft configurations have three power options: pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic. To move to a solely electric aircraft, however, requires new components such as high-speed motors, power electronics, and high-voltage cabling.
This 60-minute Webinar from the editors of Tech Briefs Media and SAE International explores the new design methodologies for electric aircraft that must be considered in order to optimize aerodynamics, engines, shape, and component selection for this new propulsion architecture
AGENDA / DISCUSSION TOPICS
- Hurdles to implementing electrical interconnect technology on aircraft as power and voltage levels increase
- How industry is working to address technology challenges at the sub-system and component level
- Simulation of an entire aircraft over a mission: power-plant, propulsion, aerodynamics, flight motion, and controls/pilot
- Systems simulation tools to study the trade-offs between energy consumption, range/endurance, and payload
- Challenges and opportunities in the electric aircraft industry
- Reducing the cost and time of designing eVTOL aircrafts using model-based systems engineering, model-based design, and a seamless collaborative product design framework
An audience Q&A follows the technical presentation.
Russ Graves, Aerospace Business Development Manager, TE Connectivity
Dominik Karbowski, Technical Manager, Intelligent Eco-Mobility, Vehicle and Mobility Systems Group, Argonne National Laboratory
Dhiren Marjadi, Vice President, Global Aerospace Business, Altair
Lisa Arrigo, Tech Briefs Media and SAE International
Webinar/Workshop organized by: TechBriefs
We list events as per details provided by the organizer. We are NOT responsible or liable in case of any non-availability or deficiency of the service provided, including any paid event/services.