Wednesday, 02 Dec @ 9:30 pm
Bioreactors and shakers are used to cultivate microorganisms, plant, insect, and mammalian cells in different volumes. Upscaling of production often involves shake flasks and bioreactors. Shake flasks are used for bioreactor inoculum production and are an easy-to-use instrument for early process development like organism screening and media design. At the next process steps, highly controllable bioreactors are needed for flexible solutions, automated process control, and predictable scalability when larger quantities of cells are required. The challenge during upscaling is to keep a constant efficiency and quality during all process steps.
In this webinar, we will depict the typical applications of shakers and bioreactors in an upscaling bioprocess. We will highlight applicational differences and factors that influence cultivation and system transition. Furthermore, we will introduce to you the basic components of a bioreactor and the various process parameters that can be controlled. Finally, we will go through different process strategies to further optimize a process and increase production.
1. Beginners, who start using shake flasks and bioreactors for cultivation and upscaling
2. Early bioreactor users, who want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the possibilities of process control strategies
AGENDA / DISCUSSION TOPICS
- Learn about typical applications of shake flasks and stirred-tank bioreactors in bioprocess development
- Learn about influencing factors and optimizing setscrews in shaking/stirring
- Learn about the basic bioreactor components and the different process parameters that can be monitored and controlled, and what they tell you about your culture
- Learn about feeding possibilities and their impact on your culture
Webinar/Workshop organized by: Lab Roots
We list events as per details provided by the organizer. We are NOT responsible or liable in case of any non-availability or deficiency of the service provided, including any paid event/services.