Wednesday, 1 Jul @ 3:30 PM
With the intense focus on technology and innovation right from ideation, startups seldom give a high priority to governance. In innovative companies, growth can happen at a rapid pace. It is important to ensure proper controls and processes are in place, for simplifying and expediting decision making as well to gain investors’ confidence.
This webinar aims to shed light on how to implement startup governance and make it a strategic tool for your success.
AGENDA / DISCUSSION TOPICS
What is Startup Governance? Why is it relevant to any startup?
How can Governance help a startup in emerging markets? Do international governance standards apply to these startups?
Is Startup Governance “costly”?
Board of Directors: Role and Composition
– What is commonly regarded as a well-constituted board?
– What is the board’s role? How many times a year should a board meet?
– What is an independent director? What value can an independent director bring to my company? How do I trust independent directors with confidential information?
– What is the role of the chair of the board of directors? Why should we split the roles of chair and CEO?
– What governance issues do investors look at before investing in my business?
– Disclosure and transparency may harm my competitive position in the market, so why should I disclose more information?
Poyni Bhatt, CEO / SINE, IIT Bombay
Michael Hilb, Entrepreneur, Board Member and Professor / Innosuisse
Swiss and Indian startups
Swiss and Indian researchers aspiring to be entrepreneurs
Webinar/Workshop organized by: Swissnex India
We list events as per details provided by the organizer. We are NOT responsible or liable in case of any non-availability or deficiency of the service provided, including any paid event/services.